<>

08.05.08

i wanted to ignore the threads of coffee drowning us in bomb blasts and explosions and eruptions. I wanted to only hear rain and thunder.

I did not drink coffee.
I did not search the bottom of the ocean for you.
I did not say I love you
soon enough

and then the rockets flashed
hear them and then
delay see them on tv
white noise shredding every nerve
so that I prefer the heavy blanket whirring of the tanks rolling round and round
don’t move
don’t go out
don’t
don’t

sit still
very still


listen still
listen
you

still
and then
nothing.

we adjust to nothing
no sound.
no cars
no people
no visitors
no kids playing
no rata tat tat

too nothing
our shoulders reach our ears
brace
can’t lay
down
can’t stand
up

sit
sit
sit
sit

sit

inside my head I scream and yell
you hear it in my eyes
thousands of miles away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home