<>

04.02.08

if I were the Eiffel tower I would stick out my chest and bend my knees and bear the winds and rains and still look fabulous and strong standing on sturdy legs atop fertile ground. In fact I don’t think I would live in paris at all. I would move from there. it’s too grey in the winter and the population takes itself too seriously and are set on humiliating anyone that upsets their idea of ‘how things are.’ I prefer to live someplace warm and welcoming.

But since I’m not the Eiffel tower and we can’t convince her to leave paris for good or even for a vacation, I will go there and climb to the top. And then I will grab my parachute kite

... jump…

And sail away running on a strip of cloud hovering over the city. And even though there is beautiful cheese and wine and bread below I will keep running till I find my way to you there the mountain in the distance coaxing me along. You want to leave, but you say you will wait till I come to make any big move. But you are getting impatient so I wish for a strong wind to propel me. I even start to huff and puff to blow myself along. I think I see your smile as you tap your toes and fingertips in time with my footfall, running, running. To you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home