<>

12.11.06

a whirling dervish strides before me. confident, right foot forward. Your arms open and twist, your head cocks with feathers pluming from your crown. Your thick skirt swings with your hips. You walk one direction, but your head turns and pulls you back. Your arms become wings that do not fly, a chicken, a turkey, a peacock - a bird grounded.

You stand before a waterfall fluttering rapid. Young girls and small animals plunge upstream to meet you. they run and jump at your heels.

Me I stand on the edge of the moon of the sea, a puddle shrinking in your shadow. I lift my arm waving a torch, painting the scene with flames. I am small and straddle two rocky cliffs. The fire leaves smoke rings. You float and flutter among the billowing frosty air. You move between the ripples of smoke and ash, ‘now you see me, now…’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home