<>

25.07.06



I am standing tall. I am as big as a mountain. I am the volcano. My head gushing up to the top ready to flow a river of hot stuff on the masses below. But there is no one around to congratulate me, run for cover, watch awestruck. Alone. This holds me back. My arms and legs heavy, close to my body, stuck. I look down at the pit of sky like chocolate icing chunky on a chocolate cake.

Across the abyss, a single thread of steam plummets.

I turn my head and I see you. Right there next to me. have you been there all this time. While I triumphant and scared decide I’m alone in my cause celebre. You are there, lounging. You recline resting on one elbow, one knee up, head smiling towards me. you are protected by thin shards of ancestry and in the back of you mind, leaking out into the blank space beyond, the first letter of my first name rising. Or maybe the top is closed and it is your first letter of your first name in my idiom. There is a wall of rock between us but I know you see me. you wait for me to make my grand entrance you would like to applaud, be awestruck. I don’t move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home